Mission Statement & Ethos
St. Paul’s Secondary School is a co-educational voluntary secondary school situated in Oughterard, Co. Galway. The school was founded in 1964 by the Mercy Sisters and is now under the trusteeship of CEIST.
St. Paul’s Secondary School is a Catholic Secondary School, which aims:
- To nurture the academic and personal development of each individual in a caring and safe environment within our school community
- To enhance the self-esteem of each individual in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- To strive as a Catholic school to apply the core values of the gospel through all aspects of school life
- To foster good relationships with parents, guardians and the wider community
Mercy education is committed to holistic development and to the achievement of the full potential of each student. We promote the full and balanced development of our pupils in a caring, Christian community.
Core Values of a CEIST school
- Promoting Spiritual and Human Development
- Achieving Quality in Teaching and Learning
- Showing Respect for Every Person
- Creating Community
- Being Just and Responsible